Hollyoaks’ Sarah Jayne Dunn banned from soap opera after joining adult site OnlyFans


November 4, 2021, 2:06 PM

Sarah Jayne Dunn has been deleted from Hollyoaks.

Image: Alamy


Hollyoaks actress Sarah Jayne Dunn has been removed from the soap opera after refusing to delete her OnlyFans account.

The 40-year-old actress, who plays Mandy Richardson on Channel 4, said the decision was to “take back control, empowerment and confidence.”

The star joined the series in 1996 – playing Mandy for 15 years – then returned to drama in 2017.

She recently said that she puts her “sexier and more racy” photos on OnlyFans.

Read more: OnlyFans Suspends ‘Porn Ban’ After Intense Backlash

Read more: LBC Views: the OnlyFans saga is another example of moralizing capitalism

But Hollyoaks said he does not allow any member of the Hollyoaks cast to be active on such sites, due to his younger audience.

A spokesperson said they respected her decision to continue posting on OnlyFans and said it was “sad” to see her go.

She said quitting the show was having “full power” over her choices.

OnlyFans is an adult online subscription service where those who post content earn money from the “fans” who subscribe to it.

The creators receive 80% commission on their earnings, while the remaining 20% ​​goes to the London-based company.

Sharing her decision to leave, Sarah said: “It’s a decision I’ve thought about a lot, not a decision I made lightly or on a whim, it’s about taking back control. , to have self-confidence and to have full power over my choices.

“I will definitely be judged, some might find it shocking, but I’m just moving my sexier and racy images to another platform, I don’t know what’s shocking about this, most likely a few trolls will come out of it. under their rocks, but I understand when I post these pictures here anyway, it is nothing that I have never heard before, unfortunately it will always be enemies and people who want a reason to shoot you down, I do will not let them, that is to rise above and appropriate them. “

Hollyoaks said in a statement that it was “a drama aimed at young people with many young viewers following our cast very closely, both on and off the soap.”

The statement added, “We take our responsibility to our young audiences very seriously and, therefore, the show does not allow any member of the Hollyoaks cast to be active on certain websites over the age of 18.

“We were hopeful that we could come to a resolution with Sarah that would allow her to stay in her role as Mandy, but we respect her choice to continue producing content on OnlyFans.

“In the past four years since returning to the show, her legacy character has been an integral part of some of our most important storylines and we will be very sad to see her go.”